Help keep the Sioux City Public Museum vibrant and active in our community by supporting the Sioux City Museum & Historical Association and the Sioux City Public Museum Education/Exhibit Endowment Fund within the Siouxland Community Foundation.
The Sioux City Public Museum is a public-private partnership funded by the City of Sioux City and the Sioux City Museum & Historical Association. The Association is a 501(c)(3) membership organization that provides funding for exhibits and programming for the Museum and its sites. Donations to the Sioux City Museum & Historical Association are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Currently, the Association is more than 200 members strong.
Along with membership donations, other gifts are welcome and go toward the programming and other needs of the Sioux City Public Museum. Your donations allow us to continue to provide free admission to both the Sioux City Public Museum and Sergeant Floyd River Museum & Welcome Center. Each location has a "donation box" for visitors.
In addition to outright gifts to support current projects, please consider a planned gift to ensure the Museum’s long-term stability. The Sioux City Public Museum partners with the Siouxland Community Foundation to give donors a simple and efficient way to continue supporting the Museum while providing us with a source of lasting support.
For more information, see the attached Donation form.
Special tax benefits for Iowa donors:
Iowa donors are eligible to receive a 25% tax credit for each donation, up from the 20% credits previously offered. The tax credit is in addition to any federal tax benefits you may qualify for.
Charitable gifts must be made:
• To a “qualified” community foundation (Siouxland Community Foundation is a “qualified” community foundation that meets National Standards).
• To a permanent endowment fund (existing or newly established) within the Siouxland Community Foundation.
• For the benefit of one or more Iowa charitable causes.
• By Iowa taxpayers – individuals, corporations, or financial institutions.
The tax credit:
• Cannot be used against prior year’s taxes. Iowa taxpayers may use the tax credit the year of receipt of the tax credit letter from the Iowa Department of Economic Development. Excess credit may be carried forward for up to five years.
For information about donating artifacts to the Museum's archives, visit the Artifact Donations section.